Creative Associates seeks a Regional Program Manager for an anticipated donor-funded project in Libya focused on local governance and civil society. The Regional Program Manager will be responsible for providing targeted technical assistance to a cluster of municipal governments around service delivery, public administration, citizen outreach and engagement, and responsiveness. S/he will be based near the municipalities in his/her cluster.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and will oversee three Community Coordinators.
- The project provides targeted and high-quality training and technical assistance to municipal governments to improve their capacity in service delivery and public administration.
- The project helps municipal governments improve communications with citizens and develop more responsive and inclusive institutions and governing processes.
- The project supports municipal governments establish more effective partnerships with civil society, private sector, and other governance stakeholders.
- Provide a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to municipal government officials;
- Support interaction, collaboration, and collective action between diverse stakeholders and leverage stakeholder networks to develop strategies advocating citizen priorities;
- Engage women, youth, and excluded groups in governance systems;
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with through regular program reports;
- Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations; and
- Oversee Community Coordinators, directing their work in coordination with the Senior Governance Advisor and Public Administration Advisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law, Public Administration, Public Policy, or a relevant field;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with governance initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USAID or U.S. Government;
- Expertise in municipal service delivery, public administration, and/or citizen engagement.
- Proven effectiveness in managing relations with government;
- Experience with government capacity building, and governance accountability;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, training, and human resources experience;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings;
- Fluent in Arabic; and
- Proficiency in English desired.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.