Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Regional Program Manager for an anticipated USAID/OTI-funded project focusing on countering violent extremism in northern Mozambique. The Regional Program Manager is to be based in northern Mozambique and will oversee all programmatic aspects of the project, ensuring effective and efficient operations for a USAID-funded project, heavily based on small grants, and quick impacts.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Chief of Party (COP).
Under the supervision of the COP, the Regional Program Manager is responsible for:
- Facilitating program implementation, administration, and operations, including oversight of grant administration and compliance, office space, human resources, information technology, information security, physical security, finance, logistics, procurement, property, vehicles, equipment, and database functions;
- Investigating, identifying and advising new ways of achieving project operational efficiencies, including developing critical relationships and building networks with public and private sector organizations, vendors, suppliers, and individual;
- In coordination and at the direction of the COP and OTI Country Representative, managing the development of overall regional program strategy and review of grantee, including proposal submission and data entry. S/he will also oversee the identification of potential grantees and the development and implementation of small grant activities. Other responsibilities will include advising the COP on the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the regional OTI program to ensure that it remains relevant and effective; and
- Overseeing the programmatic and implementation monitoring of each grant activity; the Regional Program Manager will ensure that activities and reports are accurately captured and shared with the main office and USAID/OTI. S/he will also supervise enforcement of proper financial, procurement, and general operational protocols and reporting in the field office.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least four (4) years of experience working on operations and administration in a related role and with some demonstrated advisory experience;
- Must have experience with grants or small grants under contract program management, preferably cash grants to local organizations;
- Fluency in USAID’s human resources, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems, and grants management policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in overseeing program start-up and close-out is preferred but not required;
- In-depth understanding of the operational context in Mozambique and the creativity and capacity to facilitate and expedite the operations and logistics of the program;
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Remote management experience;
- Willingness to be based in and travel throughout northern Mozambique as required by the program; and
- Fluency in written and oral English and Portuguese.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.