DAI Global UK Ltd is looking to recruit an experienced Regional Security Manager for Middle East & Central Asia region to join our busy and expanding Global Security Team. The position will be a full-time, permanent role based from our spacious, bespoke offices in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, adjacent to fast rail links to London and southeast England, with scope to work remotely as necessary.
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 50 years, it has worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. DAI’s integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. DAI’s clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Reporting to Vice President - Global Security, this is a mid to senior level management role in DAI Global Security to support security risk management and duty of care for DAI staff in Middle East & Central Asia region. The purpose of the role is:
- To have the people of DAI feel and be as secure as is practicable in order to have the work of the company and its clients proceed.
- Apply minimum acceptable security standards.
- Work with business unit representatives, advising on and agreeing security solutions for the places and projects where DAI operates. Informed consent is the aim.
- Coordinate and communicate with project or country security focal points, managers or directors
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and apply knowledge of DAI’s different [in some cases client driven] security requirements: USG, HMG, EU and others.
- Understand and facilitate solutions to project or country security challenges, ensuring concerns expressed by project or country-based security personnel are factored in.
- On a country by country, project by project, basis advise on and agree physical security solutions.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of geopolitical, regional, national, local political and operational security factors, applying it to analysis and planning.
- Use information gathering and intelligence methods, to inform analysis and planning.
- Monitor events reporting across the region.
- Actively engage with DAI’s business development teams to ensure bespoke security solutions are an intrinsic part of DAI bids.
- Lead, or in some cases advise on, in-country incident management.
- Ensure business travel advice is given and, where necessary, adhered to.
- Provide Crisis and Risk management advice.
- Participate in emergency or crisis response working groups, contributing to business continuity.
- Engage with process owners on the development and dissemination of policies, procedures and best practices.
- Participate in the development and delivery of relevant security training, working with process owners and subject matter experts.
In addition to specific responsibility for a geographic region, on an as required basis act as the main point of contact for designated DAI Business Unit/s. You will be required to travel to the region on a frequent basis.
Qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience:
- Degree in International Relations, Risk Management, War Studies, International Security, International Development or equivalent experience.
- Relevant field experience in security, international development or humanitarian work.
- Well-developed understanding of effective contract administration & supplier management.
- Fluent English language (written and spoken).
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Fluent in French, Spanish or other languages.
- Significant field experience in security, international development, or humanitarian work.
- Knowledge and understanding of security requirements of DAI’s client groups/international donor groups such as USG, HMG, EU and others
- Project Management: Able to manage projects and tasks effectively within cost, time and quality parameters.
- Reporting: Produces concise, relevant, lucid and effective reports/analysis.
- Negotiation: Achieves consensus between two or more internal or external parties who may have different interests.
- Crisis Management: Understands Crisis Management processes and is able to lead or advise as required.
- Risk Management: Understands Risk Management processes and uses them to inform analysis and planning.
- Models the One DAI Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Responsibility and Global Citizenship, whilst positively contributing to the company’s mission.
- Good judgement and decision quality
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships
- Communicates effectively
- Action Oriented
- Builds Networks
The salary offered will be commensurate with relevant experience. DAI offers a generous benefits package and there are several day-to-day perks of working at DAI that help keep us happy and motivated! Closing date for applications is 29th March 2021 and interviews will be held progressively.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. This job description details the key elements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. Job roles evolve over time and job-holders may be required to complete additional tasks in line with business needs.
You will be pleased to know that we strive to uphold the highest ethical standards and that we are working with our clients to reduce the opportunity for people who are known to have breached ethical standards to work in our field. Any staff and/or consultant contract with DAI, therefore, will be subject to satisfactory reference checking and vetting.
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Belgium, and Nigeria, and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Named one of the world’s top 40 international development innovators, DAI has delivered transformational development results in more than 150 countries for clients including development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.