World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Preferred position location: Dakar, Senegal. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in the West Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
As the Regional Supply Chain Director for the West Africa Region, you will provide overall leadership; matrixed oversight and management support for all aspects of Supply Chain Management at the Regional and Field Office level in the West Africa Region. You will be a part of the Regional Office Leadership team with a focus on ensuring stewardship, accountability, risk reduction and management strategies, leading the planning and sourcing of all key program spend that best serves the strategic and program objectives of the Field Offices while ensuring best value for $. In addition, you will be responsible for establishing supply chain management as a core partnership function for both emergency, fragile and development context, Supply Chain staff capacity strengthening, the development and implementation of systems, processes and controls to drive efficient and effective delivery of Field Office programs while mitigating risk.
- Master of Business Administration and or Supply Chain Management degree and /or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years of senior management experience in the field of strategy and operations, logistics and supply chain management with experience in developing, implementing, training, knowledge management and capacity development programmes.
- Past experience in organisation(s) where Best Practice has been successfully introduced and lead in a global organisation. Delivered significant qualitative and quantitative (including financial) benefits through supply chain management which has positively impacted organisational performance.
- ISM, CPM or CIP’s certification is a plus.
- Lean-Six Sigma training or certification.
- Fluent English and French language skills required.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 11 FEB 2021. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.