Cardno is currently seeking a qualified Remediation Engineer experienced in project planning, permitting, and engineering for soil and sediment containment systems and related projects for a USAID-funded dioxin remediation project in Vietnam. The Expert will be part of the remediation team and support the preparation of detailed design plans and specifications for each approved non-treatment activity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Senior Technical engineering design and review associated with various types of groundwater, soil, and air/vapor remediation projects including evaluating data, performing calculations, conducting research, preparing design drawings, and writing technical specifications, contract documents, developing engineering cost estimates, and design reports;
- Develop remediation approaches based on site-specific data for proposals as well as for Feasibility Studies and other remedial approach documents;
- Frequent coordination with project stakeholders including Federal, state and military agencies;
- Conduct workshops for stakeholders for remediation evaluation, design, implementation, and operation/maintenance;
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors as required;
- Conduct/oversee fieldwork, including remedial pilot tests, quality assurance activities, and construction oversight;
- Develop monitoring, operation, and maintenance requirements for remediation systems;
- Perform quality control review of design calculations or drawings;
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation;
- Perform numerical modeling, calculations, and controls design;
- Assist in ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, state, and local environmental regulations;
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments; and
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during design and field activities.
- Minimum of BS in Civil, Environmental, Geological, or Chemical Engineering or related degree;
- Current Professional Engineer registration in the U.S.;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience;
- Experience as Lead Remediation Engineer, Engineer of Record, Remediation Construction Manager for remediation projects;
- Experience on USAID projects preferred;
- Ability and willingness to travel with previous overseas engineering experience;
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including remediation design/build, feasibility studies, field supervision, technical knowledge and task management;
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification desired, but not required;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols;
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record;
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills (experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus);
- Ability to work independently and leading interdisciplinary teams;
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, maintain flexibility, and work independently;
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship, drug screening, and background checks are required.
- Previous experience with dioxin remediation
- Previous landfill experience
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- Experience in data collection and report preparation related to environmental site assessment and remediation
Position Location & Travel: Remote with potential travel to Bien Hoa, Vietnam
Assignment duration: Anticipated up to 60 working days from February – May 2020
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization