Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Renewable Energy Lead for an anticipated USAID energy project in Tunisia. This energy project will assist the Government of Tunisia in its effort to meet increasing demand for electricity and promote energy conservation by: 1) leveraging available external sources of assistance to catalyze renewable energy development, 2) creating the necessary conditions for supporting and facilitating private sector-led energy investments, and 3) supporting efficiency improvement interventions. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Renewable Energy Lead will work under the technical direction of the COP to facilitate the development of new renewable energy capacity. S/he will provide advisory services and contribute to capacity building activities to catalyze private investment and strengthen the enabling framework. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Design and lead the implementation of technical tasks related to the development of renewable energy (RE) in Tunisia.
- Identify major challenges and roadblocks to RE development and contribute to the development of a conducive policy and regulatory environment.
- Assist in bringing RE transactions to a financial close through support on relevant PPAs, financing issues and solutions, and other related matters.
- Facilitate in the development of the competitive structure for the procurement of new renewable energy capacity.
- Provide advisory support on transactions, grid stability, pilot RE projects and other related topics.
- Coordinate with the national utility, STEG, on relevant RE issues.
- Liaise with the key public and private stakeholders in the renewable energy sector and facilitate relevant capacity building workshops and trainings.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- A Master’s degree or higher in an energy-related field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, or other related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects with demonstrable experience in the renewable energy sector.
- Demonstrated policy experience and skills including preferably tendering processes, standards-setting, and strategy formation for promoting RE projects
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded renewable energy projects in the MENA region.
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the political, social and cultural context of working in MENA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at:http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHIL08xZ
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.