Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for a resident Renewable Energy Lead for an anticipated USAID energy project in Georgia. This energy project will assist Georgia in its journey towards energy security through improved energy sector planning, increased investment in renewable energy financed by the private sector, building domestic energy market capacity through Georgian institutions, and protecting the nation’s energy sector though enhanced cybersecurity and resilience. The position is full-time and is contingent upon contract award. The Renewable Energy Lead will work under the technical direction of the COP to facilitate the development of new renewable energy capacity. S/he will provide advisory services and contribute to capacity building activities to catalyze private investment and strengthen the enabling framework. This is a five-year fixed-term appointment with benefits.
- Design and lead the implementation of technical tasks related to the development of renewable energy in Georgia.
- Increase Georgia’s investment attractiveness to the private sector through support to remove barriers, strengthen policy and regulatory environment, and identify new financing schemes.
- Assist in bringing renewable energy transactions to a financial close through support on relevant PPAs, financing issues and solutions, de-risking tools, and other related matters.
- Provide transaction advisory support including financial due diligence, valuation and business modelling, and restructuring and operational transaction services.
- Coordinate with Georgian PPP agencies to ensure new renewable energy generation investments are in line with government-mandated national priorities.
- Facilitate relevant capacity building workshops and trainings with key public and private stakeholders in the renewable energy sector.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential KSA’s Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in an energy-related field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, or other related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects with demonstrable experience in the renewable energy sector.
- Experience with advancing renewable energy projects for micro, small and medium size wind, solar and hydropower projects to financial close.
- Knowledge of EU energy acquis for participation in a regional and pan-European energy market.
- Demonstrated experience working with the private sector, government institutions, regulators, utilities, financial institutions, and project developers.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of the Caucasus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Experience working with renewable energy developers in SE Europe, and/or the Caucasus
- Familiarity with GoG policies and procedures for renewable energy project development.
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded renewable energy projects
- Fluency in Georgian and/or Russian.
Apply online at: http://p.rfer.us/TETRATECHpUU9Lg
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.