Devex is seeking consultants for a short-term basis (6 months) to assist in the implementation of an ongoing large-scale and long-term recruitment initiative. This opening is a short-term consulting position for 6 months, with a possibility of extension based on regular performance evaluations. The Reporting and Analytics Consultant will work 5 days per week and will be required to work on-site from 3 pm to 12 midnight (mid-shift).
You: a reliable, focused professional with excellent data management and reporting skills who can work with Excel, Google Sheets, and other platforms to effectively present data and statistics that will inform decision-making.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to use your data management and analytical skills to learn more about the global development sector and to help multilateral development financial institutions find the professionals they need to achieve their missions, we’d love to get to know you better! We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun!).
What you’ll do here:
The main responsibilities of the DTS Reporting and Analytics Consultant include but are not limited to:
- Extracting, monitoring, and analyzing project- and recruitment-specific data for internal use and for client deliverables from various platforms including ATS, job boards, and Google drive.
- Serving as the point person for project management tools and applications, responsible for troubleshooting technical problems, regularly tracking progress and updating colleagues accordingly;
- Database and file management, ensuring system integrity at all times throughout various digital platforms;
- Assisting with drafting summary reports, gathering and analyzing data and metrics for internal use and client deliverables;
- Monitoring emails and ensuring requests, queries, or concerns are addressed;
- Researching on and testing new platforms for process improvements, occasionally conducting demos, and providing recommendations to inform decision-making;
- Generating graphs, powerpoints, and detailed reports on metrics and statistics as requested by client and colleagues
- Screening and classifying resumes, as needed.
- Other administrative tasks, including saving candidates’ individual files (CV, cover letter, etc.) and uploading them onto the client’s e-recruitment system.
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to learn about the most important issues in the world—from eradicating malaria and polio, fighting climate change, to ending poverty, as well as what kinds of skills and professionals are needed to tackle these challenges;
- You’ll get to work with people from literally every corner of the globe, and help strengthen the foundations of a growing and dynamic team across offices in Washington DC, Barcelona, and Manila;
- You’ll get first-hand experience working on a large-scale project recruiting international development professionals and assessing their fit for crucial positions in the humanitarian space;
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture.
To fit well in this role you must be sharp, organized, know how to see a project through from start to finish, and have the research and analytical skills to learn the nuance of global development operations. And —this really matters— you need the communications skills that attract colleagues to want to work with you.
You also must have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, International Development, Marketing, etc.)
- At least 1-year experience in an administrative or coordination position (internships and volunteer work count)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exposure to Google Documents and Drive
- Experience in putting together reports, PowerPoints and charts
- Effective communication skills
- Native or near-native written and spoken English skills;
- Availability to work from Monday-Friday.
- Interest in learning more about the international development sector
Interested? Get the conversation started by sending in your CV and cover letter now!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. A social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 150+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.