This anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will contribute directly to the overarching goals of RISE II Integrated Health Services Delivery (HSD) by improving access to quality health services and strengthening ownership and management of health services by communities, in partnership with citizens, local government, and service providers in Burkina Faso and Niger. The activity seeks to build off of the successes of RISE I and incorporate key lessons learned to achieve greater impacts on health, family planning and nutrition outcomes and enhance the sustainability of institutions and programs.
URC is seeking an experienced candidate for a Reproductive Health/ Family planning (RH/FP) Advisor position to provide RH/FP technical assistance and oversight to support implementation of the anticipated RISE II HSD Activity. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of RH/FP service delivery strategies, policies and operational frameworks
- Provide guidance and expert advice on implementation of new or emerging service delivery initiatives/services, including youth-friendly services
- Apply cutting-edge quality improvement methods to translate best practices into improved management of RH/FP services
- Monitor the progress and pace of project implementation, ensuring that the technical aspects of the project are realized, meet high quality standards, and align with all internal controls.
- Participate in quality and timely reporting to USAID through monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure that technical assistance and expertise is provided in a timely and responsive manner, and is of high quality.
- Establish collaborative working relationship with MOH and key RH/FP stakeholders, sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Other additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, or higher, in Public Health, nursing, midwifery, or similar relevant field; Specialization in RH/FP preferred.
- At least 5-10 years’ progressively responsible work experience required; Experience in a senior project management team of RH/PF projects preferred.
- Recognized leader in family planning in Francophone Africa.
- Strong technical skills in RH/FP across multiple countries.
- Experience with developing and implementing FP/RH quality assurance standards highly preferred.
- Experience with youth and adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in French, working knowledge of English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.