ICRAF is seeking to appoint a travel management company to deal with all our global travel needs as detailed in the RFP. We will require this company to demonstrate experience in dealing with International Organisations and the Not for Profit sector and to propose a team of travel consultants who understand the various challenges that we are likely to face.
The successful bidder shall be contracted for an initial period of one year, renewable up to a maximum period of three years, upon satisfactory evaluation of performance.
The successful travel agency shall have the following minimum qualifications:
- Accredited BSP/IATA certification
- A good track record of serving international organizations, embassies, multinational corporations with similar capacity and required volumes for a minimum of five years (list of corporate clients should be provided).
- Financially capable of rendering services to ICRAF (Audited financial statements for 2016, 2015 and 2014 should be provided).
- Maintains a platform for online bookings / airline reservations (i.e. Amadeus, Sabre, Galileo etc.). Has the ability to view fares of ‘Low‐Cost Carriers’ and where applicable, the ability to book with ‘Low‐Cost Carriers’ both through the Online Booking tool and offline.
- Currently maintains a global network affiliation.
- Ability to secure charity fares.
- Has in its employ competent and experienced travel consultants, especially in ticketing and fare computations.
- Has a robust business resilience plan to ensure delivery of the contract in the event of any aspect of its operations being disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances. This includes a sound corporate governance structure and strategy.
- Is able to guarantee the delivery of products and services in accordance with the performance standards required in this Proposal.
About the Organization
The International Centre for Research in Agroforestry – ICRAF (also known by the brand name ‘World Agroforestry Centre’) is a centre of scientific excellence that harnesses the benefits of trees for people and the environment. Leveraging the world’s largest repository of agroforestry science and information, we develop knowledge practices, from farmers’ fields to the global sphere, to ensure food security and environmental sustainability.