The Research & Evaluation (R&E) Advisor is responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership and strategic direction for Ipas Indonesia’s research, monitoring and evaluation efforts and collaborating with the NC-based technical and program units to ensure high-quality processes and methodologies. Additionally, this position manages R&E team members in the country office and guarantees that best practices are implemented in all R&E activities. The R&E Advisor will ensure that data are shared and used by internal and external audiences through routine review of findings and through dissemination via national and international conferences and publications.
• Provide technical and managerial oversight of the implementation of R&E systems, including data collection, data management and documentation, and results reporting
• Ensure quality control and consistency with Ipas global standards for R&E
• Lead ongoing strategic review and use of R&E findings for program assessment and improvement
• Support the development and implementation of in-country program monitoring system, to ensure achievements of milestones in good quality and timely implementation of the workplan
• Contribute to document preparation for donors and other stakeholders, including data and narrative inputs
• Lead the design, ethical approval, implementation, data analysis, reporting, and administrative support for operations/intervention research and evaluation to test program models
• Train staff and consultants in R&E data collection and processing
• Supervise Ipas Indonesia R&E staff, consultants and interns
• Maintain regular and ongoing communication with technical and program unit staff in Ipas headquarters office and concerned program division of Ministry of Health, Indonesia
• Conduct dissemination of R&E findings, both internally and externally, including workshop organization, report preparation and contributing to peer-reviewed journal articles
• Represent Ipas at local, regional and global professional meetings and conferences
• Collaborate with other Ipas units and country programs to achieve overall organizational objectives
• Carry out other duties as requested
• Master’s degree by research in Maternal Health and FP or MPH
• 8+ years of experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and research in reproductive health programs, preferably working in international organizations.
• 5+ years of experience supervising research and/or monitoring and evaluation teams.
• Experience in applying research findings to inform the design of community and health facility-based interventions.
• Strong quantitative skills, including demonstrated ability in the collection, management, analysis and presentation of quantitative data.
• Strong qualitative research experience.
• Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and statistical computer packages (Epi Info, Stata, SPSS, SAS). Experience with qualitative packages (Atlas.ti, NVivo) desired.
• Strong management skills, including experience in project administration, supervision of field staff, and communication among global and national staff and partners.
• Strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically 10%. A limited amount of international travel is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based global environment.