USAID/Lebanon is a lead donor in education, water, and essential services and champions good governance and economic opportunity for low-income Lebanese citizens. The purpose of this Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Lebanon (MEPL) is to supplement the monitoring and program management efforts of USAID/Lebanon staff; and to verify, monitor and support USAID program performance in Lebanon over the course of five years. Information gathered and program support services through this project will assist the USAID/Lebanon mission to make informed decisions and better manage USAID/Lebanon implementing partners’ (IP) performance throughout the country. The project will provide consistent, relevant, and frequent performance monitoring and reporting of Mission activities and projects, day-to-day information needed to make management decisions, and most importantly, field monitoring support to USAID Lebanon staff, especially for activities located outside of greater Beirut.
**Please note: Only Lebanese citizens are eligible for this position**
The Research and Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of research and evaluation protocols with appropriate methodologies and tools. They will collect and analyze research, consolidate findings, and write reports and other dissemination materials based on results.
· Assist the Mission and its partners and stakeholders to generate empirical data and foster learning and knowledge management through evaluations of USAID programs.
· Plan and conduct midterm and end-of-project evaluations for USAID projects, as well as other performance and impact evaluations, special studies, assessments, and surveys as needed/requested.
· Support the design of appropriate research and evaluation tools and modification of existing tools when needed.
· Work collaboratively with the Mission’s staff and IPs to provide fast, flexible, robust, and rigorous evaluation and related services.
· Build the capacity of local organizations in their evaluation methodologies.
· Evaluate progress in achieving USAID-project goals and objectives in accordance to the partner’s implementing mechanism.
· Utilize participatory approaches in conducting evaluations, involving implementing partners and stakeholders throughout the process, as appropriate.
· Prepare reports and dissemination materials based on research and evaluation findings that communicate program impact/overall results and lessons learned.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of experience conducting research and evaluations.
· Bachelor’s degree in international development, social science, economics or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative skills.
· Experience with experimental or quasi-experimental designs preferred.
· Experience using participatory approaches in conducting evaluations preferred.
· Experience evaluating or researching youth and gender a plus.
· Excellent facilitation, training, and mentoring skills in research and evaluation.
· Proven ability to manage, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of research and evaluation.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentations and preparations of written reports.
· Experience with USAID preferred.
· Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.