Research Assistant (Consultant), Independent Evaluation of the Georgia II STEM Higher Education Project, Georgia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
This Evaluation will provide a rich analysis of project implementation, and provides lessons that can be valuable to the Georgian government in its objectives to improve STEM higher education quality, to MCC in future investments in tertiary education partnerships, to U.S. higher education institutions and associations, and to the international donor community more broadly. The evaluation will be outcome/impact oriented and focus on uncovering concrete evidence on what worked, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
Period of Performance:
The consultancy will be intermittent over an estimated 60-month activity duration.
**Please note: This is a local consultancy. Only Georgian citizens will be considered. **
Social Impact is seeking a local Research Assistant to provide technical support to the Georgia II STEM Higher Education Project Evaluation. This position will support the Senior Analysts and Statistician as needed including but not limited to:
- Conduct Surveys
- Perform Statistic Analysis
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus groups.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting research including qualitative data collection and analysis.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting assessments, program design, and/or evaluation of development programs.
- Familiarity with rapid appraisal methodologies is required.
- Prior experience with mixed-methods evaluations/assessments, design, and tool development.
- Experience carrying out evaluations in the Higher Education sector, particularly with a strong understanding of Tertiary Education in Post-Soviet Countries.
- Strong economic, statistics and econometrics skills, including experience with detailed, high-level data analysis and sampling.
- Experience designing and carrying out tracer studies.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including focus groups and Key Informant Interviews.
- Fluency in English and Advanced Proficiency in Georgian.
- Experience with social and gender research, particularly in Georgia or Eastern Europe more broadly.
- Experience coordinating with developing country governments, ministries and/or local NGOs/CBOs for the design and implementation of impact evaluations, including addressing weaknesses as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting cost benefit analysis (CBA) in the Education sector particularly tertiary education, including expertise in methodology and estimation of the benefit and cost streams.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls