Abt Associates seeks a Recruiting Research Assistant who will work closely with the senior recruitment team in name generation and candidate sourcing strategies aimed at building a candidate pipeline based on client-driven needs.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner directly with Recruiters to form a consultative relationship with Hiring Managers to understand their specific needs to attract and bring in top talent
- Strategically utilize LinkedIn, networks, and research methods to source passive candidates
- Scheduling phone screens with direct applicants, referrals, internal networks, and other interested candidates
- Evaluate and make judicious decisions on a candidate’s skill set for a requisition and cultural fit within our mission-driven organization.
- Post open positions on various job boards and company website as needed; plays back up to the Recruiting Coordinator when out on vacation
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Strong research and analytical skills required; must have the ability to understand and analyze highly complex/technical positions descriptions; 2 years of research/analysis preferred
- Proactive - taking initiative and follow-through is a must
- Curious - researching market trends with the ability to translate back to the business
- Accustomed to multitasking and meeting tight deadlines
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- BA/BS 3-5 years of experience or the equivalent level of education/experience
About the Organization
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. Founded in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1965, Abt Associates was built on the concept that sound information and empirical analysis are the best foundations for effective decision making. The firm blends the subject matter expertise of our staff with technical capabilities in applied research, program implementation, and data collection to shape policy, strengthen systems, measure performance, and deliver other solutions to our public and private sector clients. Examples of Abt Associates’ work include nationally recognized research, evaluation, and technical assistance to improve the efficiency of healthcare systems, the effectiveness of government housing programs, the production of food, and the measurement of public opinion. Abt’s staff of more than 2000 includes national and international experts who are known for their understanding of communities and governments worldwide, innovative research techniques, and insightful—and often groundbreaking—analyses and recommendations. Approximately 51 percent of our staff has graduate degrees; one in six has a doctorate. Our staff’s educational and professional disciplines include economics, engineering, environmental analysis, epidemiology, food security, health, housing, international development, psychology, social science, statistics, and survey methodology. Abt’s research staff is experienced with prominent statistical software packages, including SPSS, SAS, and STATA, along with qualitative software such as NVIVO and Atlas. In 2011, Abt Associates was ranked among the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 development innovators. Abt has offices in Atlanta, Ga.; Rockville, Md.; Cambridge, Mass.; Chicago, Ill.; Durham, N.C.; and New York City and program offices in nearly 40 countries in Africa, Central and Southeast Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East and North Africa. www.abtassociates.com