Background: Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
- Serve as project support for overseas projects—overseeing administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects;
- Work with the Finance Department to track project spending and provide periodic financial forecasts;
- Maintain project databases;
- Ensure that projects comply with policies and procedures;
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals;
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients;
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events;
- Search consultant database to identify consultants; enter consultant CVs in the consultant database;
- Manage project deliverables and reports;
- Update website and intranet, as appropriate, including writing success stories; and
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants
- A./S. in business, international development/affairs, economics, or related field;
- A minimum of two years of experience in a backstopping or administrative role relevant to the international development field (internship experience is acceptable)
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors);
- Strong writing skills, which will be assessed during the hiring process;
- Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
- Strong language skills in Spanish or French preferred. Other languages widely spoken in the developing world may be considered in place of these languages;
- Experience in relevant economic growth issues preferred, inclusive of trade policy, trade facilitation, private sector development and business enabling environment, gender and social inclusion;
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in a developing country context; and
- Experience with USAID-funded and /or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred.
About the OrganizationNathan Associates Inc. is an employee-owned economic consulting firm. Established in 1946, the firm claims more than six decades of experience, a full-time staff of over 100 professionals, and a record of successful assignments the world over. Our mission is to provide high-quality, innovative consulting services to help private and public sector decision-makers solve the practical economic, financial, and management issues of today and tomorrow.
Nathan Associates has worked in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Europe. USAID and multilateral lending institutions such as the World Bank fund most of our international work, but individual private firms and foreign governments also request our assistance.
Internationally, our clients are public and private sector decision-makers responsible for setting policy and for overseeing performance of entire economies, sectors, business enterprises, or government agencies. We provide these policymakers and managers with economic, financial, and management analysis and assistance in strategy and program planning, institutional development, privatization of state-owned enterprises, and program and project implementation.
In our 63 years of consulting, we have worked extensively both at the macroeconomic level and in a broad range of economic sectors: transportation and other infrastructure, industry and commerce, financial services, natural resources, and agriculture and environment.
Despite the geographic and economic diversity of our assignments, two themes remain constant throughout Nathan Associates' work. First, in all our projects, we strive for collegial collaboration between our consulting teams and the management and staff of our client institutions, creating a shared sense of purpose and direction. Second, whenever appropriate, we emphasize technology transfer and human resource development for our client personnel, whether through formal workshops, seminars, and short courses, or on-the-job training.
Competition, innovation, and reward are the economic forces of life. The solutions we provide clients are powered by an understanding of these forces.
For more information about Nathan Associates, see our website: http://www.nathaninc.com.
More Jobs from this Organization