Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and health services to families’ doorsteps. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives. Services like prenatal assessments and well baby visits.
We also empower community health workers through mobile phones. We teach them how to detect and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We develop smart phone apps to guide home visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of community health workers’ time. And we test new cool tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Living Goods.
The Community Health System Strengthening Team consists of seven savvy specialists confronting a big challenge – how to leverage tools and best practices in community health to reach every mother and child in Kenya, Uganda and beyond. We work with Ministries of Health and implementing partners across the continent to fundamentally transform community health systems. We need a Research Coordinator to help us determine where we should go next and with whom we should work.
Dig deep. You will conduct desk research to develop country profiles of community health and mHealth programs, implementing partners’ work, and the donor funding landscape in potential new countries.
Reach out. You will initiate discussions with country governments and implementing partners to refine country profiles and identify promising countries for the community health strengthening team to scope out. You’ll also help with the logistics of scoping trips to potential expansion countries.
Stay on top of it. You will research trends, developments and innovations in community health and mhealth in our current and potential expansion countries.
Help us do better. You will help us refine and streamline our team’s processes and tools to ensure that we work more effectively as a team and more seamlessly with other teams in the organization.
- Technical creds. You have a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and 2+ years experience in a relevant field (public health, international development, academic research).
- Articulate. You can write, speak, and listen well. Your top-notch communication skills will lead to clear country profiles and great engagement with external audiences. You are able to synthesize large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information into key takeaways, recommendations, and action items.
- Self-starter. You are highly organized, self-motivated and able to work independently without much guidance. You can handle multiple priorities while remaining flexible and professional.
- Proactive. You are intellectually curious and not afraid to propose new solutions, new ideas, or challenge the way things are done.
- Adaptable. You are eager to work with people of different cultures and different sectors: the private sector, social entrepreneurial sector, nonprofit sector and public health community.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.