International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Research Director
Department/Location: Accra, Ghana
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI seeks a Research Director for USAID’s Peace through Evaluation, Learning and Adapting Activity (PELA) in Ghana. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/West Africa to be a more effective, efficient and adaptable operating unit in achieving the development objective of strengthening systems of non-violent conflict management in West Africa. The activity will strengthen USAID’s effectiveness implementing its projects; coordinating its activities; learning from its experiences; and serving as an information, communication, and thought leader regarding peace promotion and countering violent extremism (CVE) in the West Africa region. This position is based in Accra, Ghana with a period of performance of 51 months.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance for the activity with the equivalent status of Chief of Party;
- Provide overall responsibility for activity management and technical operations to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and objectives are successfully met;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID for day to day activity implementation and management matters;
- Provide quality control, ensuring that all assistance and products delivered under this activity are technically sound and of publishable quality;
- Lead the activity team and supervise the work of all staff and consultants under this contract;
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans and all reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing monitoring and evaluation and program support contracts;
- Significant experience managing USAID contracts and all required reporting requirements, and demonstrated knowledge of relevant USAID policies and regulations;
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
- Experience in countering violent extremism or peace promotion strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) programming preferred;
- Experience establishing and supporting networks preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience successfully managing monitoring and evaluation, CLA, analytical research, and/or program support mechanisms;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including experience preparing high quality reports and presentations;
- Minimum of professional proficiency in French.
Education: Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required. PhD preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel to other countries in the West Africa region is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.