ORB International wishes to hire an additional Research Executive. We seek a proactive, self-motivated individual to help us serve our growing portfolio of clients. This is a superb opportunity for an ambitious detailed-oriented person with a strong interest in research in an international setting.
This position offers the opportunity to work on public opinion research of citizens across Latin America, the Middle East, Asia and Africa. Our work covers some of the most important contemporary issues (security, democracy, development, etc.); this role will suit someone with a keen interest in international politics and a background in research.
This position will feature foreign travel, and we expect a high comfort level with travel to non-Western countries and cultures; candidates must demonstrate a willingness to travel to a variety of locations across Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. They must also possess sound quantitative and qualitative research credentials, as the position involves direct responsibility for the delivery of robust and high quality work. The ability to understand the strategic use of research and write clear and concise research proposals is also important.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with local research teams in a variety of countries to collect quantitative and qualitative data.
- Traveling to train interviewers for research projects.
- Managing data collection and assuring high-quality data.
- Contributing to data analysis and report writing.
- Keeping abreast of relevant news in regions of study.
We will be looking for candidates who possess the following types of experience:
- BA degree
- High comfort level with data (using Excel/SPSS) and excellent writing skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of public opinion polling, including developing survey questionnaires, drawing a sample, and assessing the quality of resulting data is preferred but not necessary. Experience managing or previously conducting field interviews or focus groups is also preferred.
- General knowledge of the politics, economics, and societies of Africa, Central Asia, and the Middle East.
- Foreign language fluency is appreciated, however not a prerequisite; French, Arabic and Spanish are all helpful.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. ORB International is an independent, privately-owned research agency. Please contact Camilla Tolton at 434 202 8441 or send a cover letter, CV and writing sample with the subject line ‘Research Executive’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is based in Charlottesville, VA, and involves approximately 15-25% travel, with the potential for more.
U.S. citizenship is required.
About the Organization
ORB International operates in over 95 countries around the world providing monitoring and evaluation, nationally representative surveys, rapid assessments and specialized research in complex environments. Utilizing a data-centric and quality-first model, our primary focus is mixed-methods social and political research including the topics of counter-violent-extremism, governance, and working with vulnerable populations.