Dimensions of the Role
The Research, Monitoring, and Learning Officer will support the Project Director in overseeing the development, design and implementation of program activities. S/he is specifically responsible for overseeing the technical direction, development and technical implementation of a robust M & E system that generates quality data for performance improvement.
The Research, Monitoring, and Learning Officer works very closely with the Senior Management team to guide reporting processes, consolidate reporting and promote knowledge sharing. S/he ensures the availability of requisite and quality data to inform programming and to facilitate donor reporting.
The Research, Monitoring, and Learning Officer is expected to:
- Lead the design and implementation of the programs M&E framework and information systems; lead the analysis of the data collected to inform project’s understanding of progress and areas of improvement
- Work closely with the Sr. MERL Advisor and project team to develop and implement the pre-situational analysis and end line evaluation
- Lead the development, implementation and review of the project’s Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation (CMEP)for the Responsible Recruitment Project;
- Support the development of a robust M&E system for the Responsible Recruitment project office(s) and partner organisations involved in Responsible Recruitment;
- Ensure the availability of requisite and quality data to inform programming and facilitate donor reporting.
- Design data quality assurance processes and oversee their full institutionalisation within the project;
- Guide the technical direction of the M&E strategy of the ILAB/DOL funded Responsible Recruitment project; and continually enhance the development, completion and review of the project’s CMEP and related tools;
- Design, coordinate and training on data collection and reporting to Responsible Recruitment’s site staff, consortium and implementing partners;
- Be primarily responsible for oversight in the compilation of project data and oversee the compilation of project reports in line with Plan Thailand’s contractual obligations and ad hoc requests from the donor and/or program team;
- Build the capacity of local organisations in M&E and data for planning;
- Support rigorous analysis of project data to support research, publications, peer reviews, presentations etc.;
- Build the capacity of M&E staff in partner organisations through identification of training assistance and training needs; and
Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- Master’s degree in, demography, social science, public policy, international development, economics or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing research, monitoring, and learning activities of international development projects;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including monitoring plans and data collection tools;
- Proven track record to design and implement research activities; experience with research on labor recruitment, supply chain, child labor, forced labor and human trafficking, or market-based systems preferred;
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations;
- Experience with translating information from research and M&E activities to support communication and dissemination of research findings and lessons learned; and
- Fluency in English required.
Type of Role: fixed term contract
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Salary: Competitive salary available
Reports to: Project Director
Closing Date: August 12, 2018
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Please note that only applications and CVs written in English will be accepted.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Child Protection Policy.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
About the Organization
Plan International is a global organization that works side by side with communities in 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities and range from clean water and healthcare programs to education projects, economic empowerment, child protection initiatives and youth civic engagement. Across program areas, Plan’s activities are guided by a Child-Centered Community Development (CCCD) approach, which is rights-based, holistic, gender-sensitive, and inclusive.