Position: Research Officer, Knowledge Management
Reports to: Director, Knowledge Management
Scope: CIPE is seeking a full-time exempt, Washington, D.C. based Research Officer. This position is responsible for managing and promoting applied research in support of policy reform and CIPE program strategies.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a research agenda that supports CIPE’s strategic goals and deeper understanding of emerging policy issues
- Commission studies from researchers and experts around the world
- Ensure the quality and relevance of research products
- Write and edit research reports and policy papers
- Promote research findings and strategic insights through CIPE’s regional program networks, speaking engagements, events, social media, and strategic partnerships
- Collaborate with multiple CIPE departments including external relations, centers of excellence, and knowledge management
- Develop and maintain relationships with academic institutions, policy institutes, and/or non-resident fellows
- Develop funding proposals, budgets, project reports, and contracts
- Mentor and coach junior staff members; support their professional growth
- Adhere to appropriate CIPE, NED, and U.S. Chamber of Commerce policies and procedures
- Master’s degree required; Ph.D. preferred
- Knowledge of political economy, development economics, and institutional economics
- Minimum five years of relevant research and professional experience
- Experience with public policy and field research preferred
- Record of academic and policy-oriented writing, editing, and publishing
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Foreign language helpful but not required
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Strong financial acumen and ability to develop, manage, and monitor project budgets
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.