The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
SI is seeking a full-time Research Senior Advisor to propose on our team and provide technical leadership to the eventual USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The Research Senior Advisor will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
- Build the evidence base for health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
- Oversee activities such as operations research, special studies, assessments, and big data analyses.
- Provide technical assistance to the development of Zambian research institutions and junior Zambian researchers.
- Master’s degree in a related field required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in health research, involving a range of research activities and products. Qualitative and quantitative research experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience conducting research in developing countries. Wide range of publications and conference presentations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.