Nathan Associates is currently implementing the USAID-funded Liberia Economic Policy Dialogue Activity (LEPDA). This is a four-year, $16 million program that supports the Government of Liberia (GOL) in introducing economic policy reforms. Nathan is partnering with the GOL to provide technical assistance, capacity building, and mentoring support on economic policy to various government ministries and entities, civil-society organizations, and academic institutions. Nathan is currently assisting the Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) as it implements reforms outlined in the Strategic Plan 2020-2022. To lead these efforts, a new Board of Governors was appointed in 2019, including a new Executive Governor. In this context, Nathan seeks a Resident Advisor to provide direct technical support to the Executive Governor as he continues leading implementation of the CBL’s reform agenda.
As short-term technical assistance, the Resident Advisor will coordinate day-to-day work with the Executive Governor of the CBL. The Resident Advisor will report to Nathan’s Chief of Party (COP) in Liberia and Nathan’s Home Office Project Director.
- Produce an inception report detailing the position’s workplan as well as relevant timelines;
- Provide monetary policy advice to the Executive GovernorProvide technical guidance on the implementation of the CBL’s Strategic Plan as well as other reform areas as prioritized by the CBL;
- Advise on restructuring and reforming the CBL’s regulatory functions, especially in relation to supervision of the banking and financial services sector;
- Produce monthly progress reports detailing reform programs successfully implemented or initiated, proposals to overcome emerging issues, and constraints encountered while exploring emerging opportunities;
- Produce a final report at the end of the assignment which summarizes the activities undertaken and outlines recommendations for follow-on engagement;
- Complete any other tasks as assigned by the Executive Governor of the CBL.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, monetary policy, international banking, and/or finance;
- 10 years of experience in a central bank at a senior level – preferably a Governor position or an Advisor to a Governor;
- Extensive expertise and hands-on experience working in a central bank within a developing country context, including knowledge of monetary policy operations and central bank operations (finance, budgeting, IT, procurement, payment systems, etc.);
- Excellent English-language written and oral communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills, including experience driving change in a similar context;
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills as well as IT capabilities
- Familiarity with central banking in Liberia, the West Africa sub-region, or a Sub-Saharan Africa country.
About the OrganizationNathan Associates Inc. is an employee-owned economic consulting firm. Established in 1946, the firm claims more than six decades of experience, a full-time staff of over 100 professionals, and a record of successful assignments the world over. Our mission is to provide high-quality, innovative consulting services to help private and public sector decision-makers solve the practical economic, financial, and management issues of today and tomorrow.
Nathan Associates has worked in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Europe. USAID and multilateral lending institutions such as the World Bank fund most of our international work, but individual private firms and foreign governments also request our assistance.
Internationally, our clients are public and private sector decision-makers responsible for setting policy and for overseeing performance of entire economies, sectors, business enterprises, or government agencies. We provide these policymakers and managers with economic, financial, and management analysis and assistance in strategy and program planning, institutional development, privatization of state-owned enterprises, and program and project implementation.
In our 63 years of consulting, we have worked extensively both at the macroeconomic level and in a broad range of economic sectors: transportation and other infrastructure, industry and commerce, financial services, natural resources, and agriculture and environment.
Despite the geographic and economic diversity of our assignments, two themes remain constant throughout Nathan Associates' work. First, in all our projects, we strive for collegial collaboration between our consulting teams and the management and staff of our client institutions, creating a shared sense of purpose and direction. Second, whenever appropriate, we emphasize technology transfer and human resource development for our client personnel, whether through formal workshops, seminars, and short courses, or on-the-job training.
Competition, innovation, and reward are the economic forces of life. The solutions we provide clients are powered by an understanding of these forces.
For more information about Nathan Associates, see our website: http://www.nathaninc.com.
More Jobs from this Organization