Venture37 seeks a Resilience Technical Advisor for an anticipated USAID Ghana Market Systems and Resilience Activity. This activity will facilitate the development of a competitive market space that is inclusive, resilient and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors. The approach for this activity will help identify and minimize the root causes of market failure for barriers that disadvantage the vulnerable, women and youth and exclude them from economic opportunities. This activity will also create incentives for actors to invest in development and sustaining productive relationships for the efficient delivery of goods and services and an improved enabling and regulatory environment for agricultural sector growth. This activity will target solutions including: an inclusive financial system for the rural poor as well as SMEs to have access to finance across sectors; address the inefficiencies in the inputs distribution system; establish strong and transparent relationships between actors, etc. This activity will also identify energy interventions that can increase agricultural productivity, competitiveness, and incomes; and complement production or postharvest processing, supply chain and value-added activities.
This position will lead technical implementation of resilience activities and manage a team of field-based staff. The Resilience Technical Advisor will bring a deep knowledge of resilience programming within Ghana and will have the technical capacity to build building upon previous USAID investments. The Resilience Technical Advisor will have significant experience in leading a team with diverse skillsets and integrating resilience activities into agricultural and market development programming. The Resilience Technical Advisor will have the capacity to represent Venture37 within the Market Systems and Resilience Activity and with local stakeholders, including government and the private sector. This position reports to the project Chief of Party.
- Responsible for the overall implementation of resilience-related interventions and meeting project objectives;
- Provide technical expertise, coordination, capacity building activities to strengthen market system and agricultural value chain resilience;
- Effectively plan and achieve project goals, oversee performance and meet project indicator results and targets;
- Form and build relationships for innovative collaboration with the private sector at both local and regional levels, ranging from individual entrepreneurs to established, large-scale agribusinesses;
- Participate in regular field visits and provide technical assistance in field activities;
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with community, district, and broader Government of Ghana stakeholders;
- Represent Venture37 to stakeholders, USAID, as well as other development organizations and donors, host government officials, community groups and partners.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in business, management, agricultural science, economics, marketing, trade or other relevant graduate degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in resilience and agricultural development planning, or similar lines of work.
- Deep understanding of role of agriculture and market system resilience, particularly in vulnerable households in a West African context.
- Prior experience in Ghana is required.
- Prior USAID experience is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.
About the Organization
Land O'Lakes Venture37 is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-fork, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.