World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Development Director, World Vision Haiti you will cover Haiti and the Dominican Republic World Vision National Offices (NOs). You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading the development/update and roll out of the resource development/Grants Acquisition strategy to drive growth in non-sponsorship income from local and international sources in alignment with the National Offices’ strategies.
- Leading the grants acquisition by building the NOs’ profile according to their resource development strategy, ensuring donor engagement and strengthening NOs’ capacity, this will include leading, coaching staff on proposal development for grants and PNS.
- Representing World Vision and networking with the Consortium of Humanitarian Agencies (bilateral, multilateral, international NGOs, NGO’s consortium, local donor delegations, forums, etc.) in both countries.
- Leading the donor (government, multi-lateral and private sector) and partners relations, engagement and retention, through the promotion of World Vision´s work and successful grants’ implementation; as a result, maximizing and diversifying the funding base. This includes strong and effective collaboration with other departments to ensure consistent and effective projects implementation.
- Master Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, development studies, International Relations or its equivalent.
- 3-5 years of senior leadership experience in grant acquisition (with a strong track record of winning grants).
- Demonstrated experience in project management with government and multilateral agencies grant-funded projects.
- Advanced knowledge/practice of design, monitoring, and evaluation approaches.
- Excellent knowledge of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Multiple skills and working experience in relief and/or advocacy with International NGO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French, English and Spanish with strong competency in proposal writing.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 06 NOV 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.