World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Development Manager – Solomon Island, you will provide leadership in developing and implementing the strategy for resource mobilisation of World Vision Solomon Islands (WVSI), and enhance capacity and position SI for acquiring & managing bi & multi-lateral grants and private funds (PNS).
You will also coordinate the development of the Country Office (CO) business plan for resource acquisition, coordinate the implementation of grant acquisition processes, proposal formulation, donor/embassy liaison, tracking of grant acquisition performance metrics and building the capacity of local staff in the area of resource acquisition.
- Master degree in a development-related field
- At last 3 years experience in developing winning proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, DFATD, DFAT, World Bank, ADB, Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation.
- Experience in preparing and leading GAM skills training workshops or other capacity building.
- Experience of partnering with building consortium partnerships with INGOs, NGOs, private business, faith-based organisation or academic institutions for grant projects.
- Experience working in Pacific, Asia or field context.
- Excellent writing skills required to develop grant proposals, and reports capturing results, evidence, good practice and learning.
- Excellent English writing skills for donor audience.
- Knowledge of international best practice in project design and program design (e.g. problem analysis, pathways of change, development of results frameworks, targets and budgeting etc.)
- The position is based in Honiara in the World Vision Solomon Island Office. Ability to travel in-country and internationally is required up to 30%.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 MAY 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.