World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Resource Development Manager, WV Nepal, you will provide leadership in growing and managing WVIN’s resource acquisition pipeline as well as in designing WVIN’s Grant Acquisition and Management (GAM) systems and ensuring they are implemented effectively to meet donor requirements. The role requires strategic programmatic thinking and innovation – it leads on the development of the resource acquisition strategy and works closely with the Associate Programmes Director (PD) to develop new business offerings and products to appeal to various markets and deliver on WVINs Country Strategy.
- Master degree in a development-related field.
- Excellent writing skills required to develop grant proposals and reports , capture results and evidence, Clear thinking skills.
- Knowledge of international best practice in project design and program design (e.g. problem analysis, pathways of change, logical framework, development of results frameworks, targets and budgeting etc.)
- At last 3 years’ experience in developing winning proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, DFATD, DFAT, JICA, World Bank, ADB, Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation and other donors.
- Prepare and lead GAM skills training workshops or other capacity building.
- This position will be based in Kathmandu with up to 30% travel to remote districts
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 JAN 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.