Created in 1962 through a unique agreement between the Organization of American States (OAS) and the private sector, the Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) is an independent, non-profit organization that creates public-private partnerships to assist the least advantaged people in Latin America and the Caribbean. Having worked in every country in the region, PADF engages community-based groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private sector in the process of implementing appropriate solutions for sustainable development. The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) empowers disadvantaged people and communities in Latin America and the Caribbean to achieve sustainable economic and social progress, strengthen their communities and civil society, and prepare for and respond to natural disasters and other humanitarian crises, thereby advancing the principles of the Organization of the American States (OAS).
PADF is seeking an energetic New Business Development team member focused on philanthropy to grow and diversify our portfolio of partners. This is an incredible opportunity for an individual passionate about Latin American and the Caribbean and committed to social justice, human rights, and international development to grow the organization’s fundraising and partnership-related activities. Initial priorities will include:
- Stay abreast of new developments and trends in philanthropy, impact investments and fundraising to explore new potential philanthropic initiatives and programs
- Conduct research and data analysis on fundraising; track key, performance-based fundraising metric, and develop summary reports for internal and external use.
- Develop dossiers on top corporate partners/potential partners and track major corporate and other investments in the region.
- Draft and edit creative and well-written grant proposals, applications for grand challenges, marketing, and fundraising materials.
- Work closely with the New Business Development team and the Economic Opportunities thematic team to implement the fundraising strategy and contribute to PADF’s annual and 3-year goals
- Strong research skills: Comfortable with big data and ability to find information from different sources and draw conclusions from data analysis.
- Critical and creative thinking: Able to synthesize and distill information to its essence; brings a fresh perspective; ability to propose new approaches;
- Passionate writer: Excellent English writing and communications skills; experience in proposal writing to Foundations, Multilaterals, and Corporations.
- Problem solver: Ability to propose and develop practical solutions that focus on results.
- Self-starter: proactive and takes the initiative.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of work with minimum supervision.
- Enthusiastically contributes to “big picture” thinking while handling administrative tasks
- Good sense of humor, positive attitude, collaborative, team player
The ideal candidate will a strong sense of mission and values, and yearns to be part of a mission-driven organization. Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in philanthropic fundraising or new business development focused on social change or international development
- Proven success in developing corporate and other relationships
- Experience working with Boards highly desired
- Salesforce platform experience highly desired
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Native proficiency in English and fluency in Spanish are required. French or Portuguese is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
The Resource Development & Partnerships Manager may be based in Washington DC or work remotely from another location in the U.S. If not based in Washington DC, regular travel to DC will likely be required.
More About PADF
PADF is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization established by the Organization of American States (OAS) in 1962.
PADF’s core values are “H-E-A-R-T” = Honesty, Excellence, Accountability, Respect, and Teamwork.
PADF is strong because we are diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. PADF does not discriminate based on ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of cultures, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, and perspectives on the world.
PADF is an equal opportunity employer.
About the OrganizationAbout PADF
The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) believes in creating a hemisphere of opportunity, for all. We work across Latin America and the Caribbean to make our region stronger—more healthy, peaceful, just, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable for current and future generations. For nearly 60 years, we have served the most vulnerable communities, investing resources throughout the hemisphere. We partner with and enable civil society, governments, and the private sector for the greater good of the region.