Date: Jun 29, 2018
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 2
The Resource Mobilization Analyst will be responsible for assisting the team with a range of operational and analytical tasks necessary to mobilize new resources and manage the existing resources while supporting the relationship management with internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide analytical and operational support in identifying, engaging, and securing support from contributors and prospective contributors in governments, public sector, foundations, private sector, and other sources of finance;
• Provide analytical and operational support in the work required for the replenishment process;
• Support the GCF participation in the relevant international or multilateral initiatives and key political summits;
• Assist in the preparation of relevant policy documents, reports, briefing notes, presentations and operational guidelines;
• Assist in cross-Secretariat coordination and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders;
• Support administrative processes and procedures required to realize and manage contributions;
• Support management of flow of contributions into the GCF and maintain relevant data to produce regular forecasts of expected contributions;
• Support outreach activities to wide variety of relevant stakeholders and networks to broaden and strengthen the contributor base of the GCF;
• Ensure deadlines are met and the quality of outputs are high.
Expected Experience and Qualifications*
- Master`s degree in development studies, finance, climate change, economics, public affairs, political science or a related field;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of development, climate change and/or finance;
- Progressive experience in a professional capacity/ies relevant to the post, including relevant exposure to international relations;
- Understanding and knowledge of global, climate change landscape;
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain good relationships with key partners;
- Highly collaborative, team player and experienced in multi-cultural environment;
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
About the Organization
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.