World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 37,500 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Response Director, Rohingya Refugee Response, you will have primary responsibility for directing all WV operations for the Rohingya Refugee Crisis, a Category III, Sustained Humanitarian Response in the highly turbulent, high-risk, nexus context of Cox’s Bazar District. You must lead and develop an efficient, high-capacity team which can capture the significant opportunities for funding and beneficiary impact, whilst ensuring effective coordination and relationships with the large number of donors, government officials, UN heads of sub-office, other agencies, VIP visitors, and local stakeholders present in the Cox’s Bazar context.
- A minimum of 8-10 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- 5 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance work.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- Understanding of WV’s development programme approach (DPA), or similar community-led, child-focused development approach.
- Master’s Degree in Humanitarian/Development Studies, Management, or relevant field.
- Experience in program management and implementation of multi-sectoral humanitarian or development projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 17 AUG 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.