World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Response Director, WV Democratic Republic of Congo, you will have primary responsibility for directing the World Vision DRC Sustained Humanitarian Response from strategy to implementation, inclusive of performance and oversight of all aspects of the response. She/he should develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team, whilst ensuring effective coordination and relationships with the other agencies, officials, beneficiaries, donors and all areas of the Partnership.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in leadership role in the humanitarian assistance and development sector, with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- 5 years’ experience in humanitarian assistance work.
- Demonstrated understanding of key humanitarian principles, standards and best practices.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies or relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English & French.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 70% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 27 SEP 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.