Response Operations Manager, DRC-Kasai Response
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Response Operations Manager, DRC - Kasai Response you will:
- Ensure program planning is informed by technical standards & operational viability to meet humanitarian needs.
- Establish, resource and staff Operations unit to meet response needs.
- Conduct operational planning to ensure effective coordination & timely delivery of response activities.
- Provide leadership and guidance in resource mobilization to ensure sustainability of the Response.
- Implement & monitor program to ensure achievement of response goals & objectives.
- Develop and implement operations reporting systems to support timely and accurate Response reporting.
- University degree in international relations or humanitarian industry. Masters degree in the same field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in complex humanitarian contexts.
- Proven experience working as a team leader.
- At least 3 years of progressive work experience with international exposure/external engagement on humanitarian emergencies or fragile country contexts.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and French.
- Willingness to travel and work extensively - sometimes at short notice, in difficult places and under long hours - according to a results-based approach.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date
22 Feb 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.