World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Response Programme Manager - Democratic Republic of Congo, you will have primary responsibility for managing the response from strategy to implementation, inclusive of performance and oversight of all aspects of the response. They should develop and maintain an efficient, cohesive team, whilst ensuring effective coordination and relationships with the other agencies, officials, beneficiaries, donors and all areas of the Partnership.
- Minimum Qualification required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Development Studies or equivalent.
- Experience: A minimum of seven year’s program management/coordination/oversight experience, including in an international development setting to include assessment, monitoring and evaluation, implementation and design of projects.
- Previous experience in a management position with USAID grant experience is required.
- Oversee Security function, planning and implementation to ensure response staff and organisational safety and security.
- Travel: 20% domestic & international travel is required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 Dec 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.