EnCompass is actively seeking an experienced Evaluation Specialist to be based in Kigali, Rwanda, as part of an international evaluation team for an upcoming project evaluation in the health sector, which is outlined below. This will be a part-time, episodic consultancy over a 6-month period from approximately January-June 2019.
A committee appointed by the National Acadamy of Sciences (NAS) has been tasked by the CDC to evaluate and document the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) investment in human resources for health in Rwanda. The purpose of the evaluation is to understand the impact of PEPFAR funding for HRH on productivity, capacity and performance of Rwanda’s national HIV/AIDS program including its health workforce capacity and deployment. The evaluation will document the results of PEPFAR investments in HRH and affects from those investments on HIV/AIDS, identifying outstanding gaps and provide recommendations to support a sustainable, integrated and country led HIV/AIDS program.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Assist in the cleaning and validation of quantitative and qualitative data
- Conduct Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of data collected from PEPFAR primary and secondary data sources.
- Support the project team in translated analysis into data to be used in final report in digestible manner
- Master’s Degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience, doing research and evaluation, with skills in conducting return on investment, cost-effective analysis and other related analyses.
- Strong data analysis skills;
- Strong technical and general writing skills;
- Proven track record of successful teamwork
- Presentation/facilitation and verbal and written communication skills
- Word processing, spreadsheets (Excel), and web-based program skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Experience working in HIV/AIDS, HRH and or PEPFAR in Rwanda
- Strong analytical skills to support both qualitative and quantitative research;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
**The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EnCompass LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women-owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.