RFP# 2020/03/0003 Mol
December 24, 2021
Deadline for Questions
January 11, 2021, 5:30pm Moldova time
January 22, 2021, 5.30pm Moldova time
Deadline for Offers:
January 31, 2021, 5:30pm Moldova time
Development of an On-line Sales Platform for
Moldova Organic Value Chain Alliance “MOVCA”
Farmer-to-Farmer Program – Southern Africa
USAID, No. 7200AA18LE00005
Point of Contact
Ms. Nadejda Mocanu
Section 1: Introduction, Technical Background and Scope of Work
1.1 Introduction: CNFA is a non-profit international development organization based in Washington D.C. which currently implements the USAID-funded Farmer-to-Farmer project in Moldova. As a part of project activities, CNFA is seeking the services of a local or international company to develop an on-line sales platform in order to support local, organic producers from Moldova. The main language of the platform will be Romanian and Russian, and the option to use Google translate from Romanian and Russian to at least English and French will be an advantage. The platform will support Moldovan organic producers, members of the Moldova Organic Value Chain Alliance (MOVCA) members. MOVCA is a non-governmental, member-based organization that advocates for organic farming and organic foods.
Offerors are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received by CNFA in accordance with the instructions, terms, and conditions described in this RFP. Failure to adhere with instructions described in this RFP may lead to disqualification of an offer from consideration.
CNFA will consider proposals in response to this RFP from both local and international firms.
1.2: Scope of Work: CNFA announces the call for proposals for the creation, launch, and maintenance of a multi-vendor on-line sales platform. The objective of the on-line sales platform is to facilitate access to and purchase of certified organic products from MOVCA, for existing and potential consumers. The online sales platform will align with the goal of this project, which is to promote circular economy principles and deliver organic agri-food products to the final consumer and to grow the circular economy, between consumer and farmer, with local products being accessed from the Republic of Moldova.
Please refer to Annex 4 for further details.
1.3: Period of Performance: Anticipated period: February 15, 2021 – May 15, 2021.
1.4: Tasks: The selected offeror will provide the following services requested by CNFA:
This call for offers concerns the procurement of services for the creation and maintenance of an on-line sales platform for local entrepreneurs in the form of a multi-vendor marketplace site. The deadline for the launching of the site is 3 months after signing the service contract. The offer must include a detailed financial offer and a technical offer. The offeror will refer to Annex 4 for details on the Scope of Work.
The technical offer will contain the following:
• Information regarding the applicant: company (name, postal address, bank details, contact telephone number, e-mail address, person(s) responsible for the project), CV of the person(s) applying for the project detailing the relevant projects carried out;
• A technical offer outlining the approach for creating and launching the online site (maximum of 10 pages), including the software used, models emulated, and considerations that need to be taken into account to ensure a user-friendly, efficient and effective software;
• Financial offer in MDL, including a breakdown of level of effort per task and a separate budget line for continued technical support for a period of one year;
• Past performance and portfolio of similar projects implemented in the last 3 years;
• Analysis of how the information from an existing platform (ebio.md) can be integrated into the newly created platform;
• Technical conditions for hosting and costs for hosting, the domain, and the SSL certificate;
• Work plan, with calendar of activities included,, towards a launch of the program within three months from signing of the contract.
The offeror should agree to treat all information received as part of this contract as confidential and avoid sharing it with any other organizations or individuals without prior permission of CNFA.
The following are the anticipated deliverables for this assignment. CNFA reserves the right to revise deliverables at its discretion during negotiations with the successful offeror pre and/or post-award.
1. Design and plan for the platform: A design and plan for a simple-to-use multi-vendor e-commerce platform for sales, delivery, and customer support for about 150 products, in about 14 product categories, with the ability to extend the number of categories and subcategories.
2. Functioning platform, allowing for a testing period.
3. Written report on the issues identified as problematic following the beta launch, and explanation of how they were corrected.
4. Finalized platform, allowing for an official launch of the platform.
5. Two user manuals:
a. A comprehensive user manual for support staff and system administrators to upload information / content to the site, maintain, and administer the system;
b. A simple user guide for the sellers.
6. Implementation of a training course for support staff and system administrators, consisting of at minimum two days of classroom teaching and practical exercises.
7. Report on technical support provided for one year from the project launch, detailing difficulties faced by users and correct actions, plus any adjustments made in the software.
Please refer to Annex 4 for further details.
1.6: Deliverables Schedule
The successful offeror shall submit the deliverables described above in accordance with the schedule outlined on the attachment.
Section 2: Instructions to Offerors
2.1 Offer Deadline and Protocol: Offers must be received no later than January 31, 2021, 5.30 pm Moldova time. Offers must be submitted by emailing the offer to Nadejda Mocanu, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the RFP number in any response to this RFP. Offers received after the specified time and date will be considered late and will be considered only at the discretion of CNFA. The cover page of this solicitation summarizes the important dates of the solicitation process. Offerors must strictly follow the provided deadlines to be considered for award.
2.2 Questions: Questions regarding the technical or administrative requirements of this RFP may be submitted no later than 5:30pm Moldova Time on January 11, 2021 by email to Ms. Nadejda Mocanu at email@example.com. Questions must be submitted in writing; phone calls will not be accepted. Questions and requests for clarification—and the responses thereto—that CNFA believes may be of interest to other offerors will be circulated to all RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in bidding.
Only the written answers issued by CNFA will be considered official and carry weight in the RFP process and subsequent evaluation. Any verbal information received from employees of CNFA or any other entity should not be considered as an official response to any questions regarding this RFP.
2.3 Evaluation and Award: The award will be made to a responsible offeror whose offer follows the RFP instructions, meets the eligibility requirements, and meets or exceeds the minimum required technical specifications, and is determined via a trade-off analysis to be the best value based on application of the below evaluation criteria. Best value determination will consider both technical and financial proposals, i.e., the best approach and anticipated results in combination with a reasonable cost. Proposed costs must reflect and clearly match the degree of sophistication of the technical approach.
The relative importance of each individual criterion is indicated by the number of points listed in the attachment.
Best-offer proposals are requested. It is anticipated that award will be made solely on the basis of these original proposals. However, CNFA reserves the right to conduct any of the following:
- CNFA may conduct negotiations with and/or request clarifications from any offeror prior to award;
- While preference will be given to offerors who can address the full technical requirements of this RFP, CNFA may issue a partial award or split the award among various suppliers, if in the best interest of CNFA;
- CNFA may cancel this RFP at any time.
Award will be issued only to the entity which submits a proposal in response to this RFP. CNFA will not issue an award to different offerors, entities, or third-parties other than the selected offeror(s). CNFA anticipates awarding a fixed price contract to the successful offeror.
2.4 Cost Proposal: Pricing must be presented in US Dollars. Price per unit time and a ceiling price must be included. Offers must remain valid for not less than thirty (30) calendar days after the offer deadline. Offerors are requested to provide offers on official letterhead in accordance with the format provided in Annex 5.
2.5 Proposal Format Instructions: All proposals must be formatted in accordance with the below requirements:
(a) English language only
(b) Include the individual/agency/organization name, date, RFP number, and page numbers as a header or footer throughout the document.
(c) The Technical Proposal must be in the format provided in Annex 3.
(d) The Cost Proposal must be in the format provided in Annex 5.
A full proposal will include the following documents:
(a) A cover letter on company letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of the offeror (Annex 2).
(b) A complete Technical Proposal in response to the evaluation criteria in Section 2.3 and in the format provided in Annex 3 and taking into account the Scope of Work in Annex 4. The Technical Proposal needs to include two references from past clients.
(c) A complete Cost Proposal in response to the terms of Section 2.4, the evaluation criteria in Section 2.3, and in the format provided in Annex 5.
(d) A copy of the offeror’s business license, or, if an individual, a copy of his/her identification card.