World Vision International
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Here’s where you come in:
As Risk, Compliance and Partnership Director – Syria Response, you will provide leadership and oversight for Risk, Compliance and Partnership Management across the Syria Response (Turkey, Syria, & Jordan) thereby contributing to the achievement of the organization’s objectives. You will promote a culture of integrated and effective risk and compliance management within the Syria Response and works cross-functionally and collaboratively to achieve the functions objectives. You will be expected to understand and evaluate WVI’s unique organizational environment, and apply a deep understanding of technical compliance principles to develop an effective compliance function that will deliver an effective Syria Response compliance program.
- Relevant Master’s degree in Security Management, Risk Management, Strategic Studies, International Relations or Emergency Management. (General Management studies also considered).
- Professional training on investigations / crisis management.
- Understanding of setting threat or risk levels for specific contexts, considering the strategic and tactical situation as applied to humanitarian operations.
- Understanding of program delivery in humanitarian relief operations.
- Proven experience in Risk Assessments, investigations and incident/crises management in the humanitarian context.
- Previous experience in the professional risk management arena (UN/INGO, Corporate, Military, Law Enforcement, or Emergency Services).
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.