ICF is looking for a Risk Reduction Coordinator for a USAID funded project. The project and position will be based in Washington, D.C. with several country based offices and short term technical assistance activities in several others. The intent of the project is to support national governments in their efforts to stop spillover of zoonotic diseases and their amplification in human populations. While the position will be based in the home office, it will require some travel to oversee country operations. The project will operate for a five year period.
- Lead efforts to design, implement, and evaluate interventions, policies, and regulations aimed at reducing or mitigating the risk of spillover of priority emerging zoonotic viruses spilling over from animals to people.
- Leverage partnerships with local academic, private, and public institutions to advance efforts to reduce or mitigate spillover risk.
- Lead the project’s efforts to provide technical assistance to develop, update, and/or strengthen plans to reduce or mitigate spillover risk.
- Coordinate disease outbreak investigations.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience within an international development context;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience that is highly related to the job responsibilities listed above
- Demonstrated experience bringing subject matter expertise and international best practices his/her field; and
- Fluency in English oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
- Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluency in English
About the Organization
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf