ABA ROLI is implementing a project focused on strengthening criminal justice processes in Lebanon through judicial and prosecutorial training and enabling alternate dispositions. The two-year project will be implemented in partnership with the High Judicial Council (HJC). ABA ROLI will hold a number of training sessions for prosecutors and judges on specific crimes and on investigation and trial skills. Lebanese co-trainers (judges or prosecutors) will assist with material preparation and will lead sessions specific to the Lebanese criminal justice sector. International experts will provide substantive information based on best-practices and will model interactive teaching during the preparation and presentation of workshops.
The ABA seeks a pro-bono legal specialist who will lead a workshop for judges and prosecutors in Lebanon on the Role of the Prosecutor in criminal investigations. This will include preparation of materials and consultation with Lebanese co-trainers in order to ensure that content is relevant. Workshop will take place November 11-12, 2019 but services will be required prior to and after, for preparation and debrief.
· Work with field and DC-based ABA ROLI staff to develop materials for Role of Prosecutors workshop;
· Guide discussions on international best practices for the role of the prosecutors in supervising preliminary and follow-up investigations;
· Conduct workshop using interactive teaching methodologies;
· Provide overview on prosecutor collaboration with police and experts in criminal investigations.
· Ten years of experience as a prosecutor;
· Experience training high-level judges and prosecutors;
· Teaching or training experience using interactive teaching methodologies;
· Extensive knowledge of the criminal justice process from intake to post-trial sentencing;
· Knowledge of comparative and international laws and practices related to criminal investigation;
· Working knowledge of MENA region highly desirable;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This legal specialist position is on a pro-bono basis. A support package is provided which covers all travel costs and business expenses.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html