This position provides critical support to and collaborates with the International Rule of Law Initiative project staff. On a daily basis, ABA ROLI Financial Analyst provides business and financial analyses to an assigned entity, reviews budgets for grant proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the grant budgeting process, review grant budgets and budget narratives for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with ABA and ABA ROLI polices, regulations, and procedures.
- Develops new budget templates when needed to meet specific donor requirements.
- Collaborates with an assigned entity in the development, management, and adherence to budgets.
- Assists program staff throughout the budgeting process by providing support and training.
- Correspond with donors requesting specific information on proposal budgets. Assists program staff in developing strategic and consistent responses to proposals.
- Provided financial and business insights and analyses to and assigned entity.
- Prepares forecasts, projections, cost over/underruns, and special financial reports for senior leaders within the entity.
- Analyzes growth, revenue and spending by donors, regions, countries, analyzes General Operations and Overhead spending.
- Design financial reports for program staff to easily determine the spending status of each award.
- Assists in the completion of internal and external audits of financial records of the entity.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years’ experience working in accounting, financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and/or operations analysis.
- Previous experience at the intermediate level working with ERP, finance/accounting systems, Microsoft Excel, and/or Microsoft Word.
About the OrganizationThe Rule of Law Initiative is a public service project of the American Bar Association dedicated to promoting legal reform efforts in over 40 countries around the world. The Rule of Law Initiative believes that rule of law promotion is the most effective long-term antidote to the most pressing problems facing the world community today, including poverty, economic stagnation, and crippling levels of corruption.
The Rule of Law Initiative concentrates its technical legal assistance efforts in the following substantive areas: 1) Anti-corruption & public integrity; 2) Criminal law & combating trafficking in persons; 3) Gender issues; 4) Human rights & conflict mitigation; 5) Judicial reform; 6) Legal education reform; and 7) Legal profession reform.
The Rule of Law Initiative enlists talented individuals who possess the skills and commitment necessary to effectively promote the rule of law in our host countries. We regularly seek experienced attorneys, judges, and law professors interested in lending their expertise to our programs for both long- and short-term pro bono assignments overseas.
For more information please visit our website at www.abarol.org.