DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
DT Global seeks a Program Manager to manage a USAID/OTI funded program in the Stabilization & Transition (S&T) practice. USAID/OTI programs provide adoptive and agile assistance to countries experiencing a political transition, conflict, democratic backsliding, violent extremism, insecurity or instability. Under the supervision of the SWIFT 5 IDIQ Manager, the PM will support overall operational, contractual and financial management of the program, and take the lead in client correspondence for day-to-day contract management. The PM will also play a significant role in business development. The PM may supervise one or more program officer(s) or Associate(s).
- Responsible for day-to-day project management from award through closeout, including contractual compliance, financial management, and oversight of project personnel, grants and subcontractors.
- Responsible for all project deliverables submitted to the client.
- Manages one or multiple USAID-funded projects and oversees day-to-day implementation to ensure their successful completion within budget and scheduled time frame, from award through closeout.
- Serve as a DT Global home office representative to USAID/OTI COR throughout the project life cycle as needed, including regular correspondence regarding implementation progress; as-needed problem solving; and delivering presentations on the project to a variety of actors.
- Manages resources supporting assigned projects to foster collaboration of technical and program management experts.
- Support project start-ups and closeouts as needed, including regularly traveling to the field to support project initiatives and backfill project leadership as necessary.
- In conjunction with the contract’s representative, takes accountability for project processes including contractual quality assurance and compliance.
- Monitors project budget and ensures compliance with contract, oversees accruals, pipelines, and completes financial reporting for USAID/OTI.
- Supports business development efforts from capture phase through live solicitation, which includes participating in pipeline discussions to determine bids to pursue.
- Supports proposal development, including technical approach, staffing and partnering strategies and negotiations, and decisions on information gathering trips, and oversee cost development.
- Participates in scoping and information gathering trips for anticipated and live proposals, and guides staff and consultants supporting research efforts.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior Project Management Unit staff including Program Officer(s) and Program Assistant(s).
- Proactively engages in self-driven professional development, learning and growth activities.
Educations & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 4-7 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience, or
- Master’s degree in related field, including International Relations, Political Science, Government, Business, International Development, or relevant work experience required. A minimum of 3-5 years direct USAID project management and support experience, responsible for overseeing project implementation and business development initiatives; a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience.
- Substantial experience in managing international donor projects and extensive knowledge of donor regulations and policies (including AIDAR, FAR and APS), especially as they relate to contracting, procurement and grants management.
- Proven experience with MS Office applications;
- Ability to travel abroad on short-term assignments up to 25%, at times with very little notice.
- Ability to serve as in-country program manager in the event of a vacancy or absence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and on a team.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Long-term field experience working outside the US, particularly in fragile states and/or politically transitioning environments.
- Experience working on USAID/OTI programs strongly preferred.
- Experience in grants management strongly preferred.
- Previous staff management experience.
- Fluency in second language, Arabic preferred.
- Experience with project start-ups and/or closedowns preferred.
What We Value:
- Autonomy and proactivity around driving work to completion in the face of ambiguity and challenges;
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We value individuals who are team players and interact positively with colleagues and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems individually and as part of a team, while respecting individual team members’ roles, strengths, and communication styles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within tight deadlines.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.