Do you have 2-3 years of experience in sales? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re a results-oriented, curious, love to listen, and can adapt on the fly. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You also strive to really understand your clients’ needs and offer them the right solution.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Memberships Sales Associate?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Join account management and sales calls
- Work directly with the funding and recruitment teams at Devex to understand how our services work and the benefits they bring to our members
- Start selling subscriptions and hitting sales targets
- Identify sales opportunities
- Have a solid understanding of how we use SalesForce
- Take on and own the European and Asian markets
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Increased sales opportunities through prospecting over the phone and in-person
- Exceeded your sales quotas and direct engagement targets
- Mastered our sales pipeline management
- Upsold to existing members who need
- Helped improve the sales plan
- Added all sales opportunity in SalesForce and made suggestion for how to improve that experience
- Understand the landscape and mechanics of development funding and recruitment
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- 2-3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Consultative sales
- The international development sector
- SalesForce or similar CRMs
- Subscription sales
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.