ORGUT is seeking a Sanitation, Wastewater Collection, Treatment and Reuse Advisor to the GZ-Emergency Capacity Building Project to the Palestinian Water Authority: Technical, Planning and Advisory Team (TPAT) in the Water and Sanitation Sector.
TPAT team supports the PWA in both the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, to:
- Facilitate the implementation by PWA of Sector Reform processes.
- Update water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies towards more effective infrastructure development, improved service provision, and sustainable resource management.
- Develop PWA’s capacity for implementation of water supply, sanitation and water resources management strategies, action plans and programs.
The required qualifications for the position are:
- A graduate degree in water and wastewater engineering or the equivalent engineering or science degree;
- 20 years of experience in wastewater related issues, including planning, designing, managing, and operating;
- Experience in on-job capacity building
- Experience in developing countries preferably in the Middle East;
- Interpersonal and communications skills; and
- Fluency in English
It is an advantage to have
- Arabic language knowledge
- Worked with sector reforms and/or institution building projects
- Experience and knowledge on strategy and policy development
- Experience from structured capacity building in government institutions
Duration: January 2013- June 2014 fulltime 18 months (may be prolonged with an additional 6 months). Applications are welcome for both time periods or for only one of them.
Location: Palestinian Water Authority in Ramallah, West Bank and Gaza city, Gaza Strip. Residence is in Ramallah.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CVs to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Palestine WW Advisor” before December 3, 2012.