Conduct a study of data communications options to identify and mitigate current weaknesses in WAPP’s telecoms network
Assess WAPP’s current SCADA/EMS architecture and arrangements and recommend interim solutions to achieve sufficient data transmission speed for synchronous power-pool-wide operations from their ICC.
- SCADA/EMS-telecommunications engineer
- Experience in grid code alignment, variability planning
- Proficient with different electrical test equipment i.e., voltmeters, meggers and scopes
- Knowledge of basic grid code requirements and specifications associated with pipeline operations as well as all applicable governmental regulations
- Proficient with Programmable Logic Controllers(PLCs), flow computers, UPS system,inverters, and back-up battery systems maintenance
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of motor starters/capacitors, field tank gauges, transmitters, relay controlledfield devices, LACT units and associated timers and controls, familiarity withelectrical theory and electrical skills.
- Experience with high voltage electrical systemsand safety
- Experience in substation and switchgear work
- Knowledgeable inall types of protective devices associated with pipeline operations, including mechanical andsolid-state protective relays, breakers, motor windings, RTDs, temperature transmitters and vibration sensors/recorders, and associated devices
- English and French required
About the Organization
For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s International Donor Organization (IDO) practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public and private sector growth.