ABA ROLI, partnering with Handicap International, seeks a qualified Senior Technical Advisor to support an anticipated USAID-funded project in Sri Lanka, the Social Cohesion and Reconciliation (SCORE) program. The SCORE program aims to strengthen Sri Lankan efforts to build a more inclusive, cooperative, and resilient society to promote reconciliation and peace. The program is in line with the USAID initiative to Support the Sri Lankan Reform Agenda (SSLRA). The Senior Technical Advisor will ensure the technical support to develop and implement program components of the project linked to social cohesion, including, but not limited to, peacebuilding and reconciliation, Youth/Disability/Gender inclusion, and capacity building of elected and administrative local officials and civil society organizations in Sri Lanka.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to the Chief of Party (CoP), Partners, the Government of Sri Lanka (GoSL) and the project team in the areas of gender equity, social inclusion and cohesion, reconciliation and peacebuilding.
- Lead the program approach in term of reconciliation and social cohesion.
- Lead the program approach to gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) by seeking opportunities to mainstream GESI assessments into activity approvals processes and by proposing and developing discrete activities with gender and/or social inclusion as a core focus.
- Develop relationships with key GoSL and CSO decision makers in the fields of gender equity, social inclusion and cohesion, reconciliation and peacebuilding.
- Develop policies and strategies for SCORE program by leading the design and implementation of activities which support stated program objectives.
- Lead training curricula design and provision of technical support on social inclusion and cohesion for elected and administrative local officials, CSO and Community Based Organization (CBO) members, women and youth.
- Contribute to the provision of technical support to CSOs and CBOs for the development and implementation of local and national actions to promote social inclusion and cohesion.
- Manage technical contractors and trainers.
- Monitor progress and support project team in the development of SCORE activities; develop approaches to gender mainstreaming, reconciliation and social inclusion and cohesion consistent with local cultural norms and implement successful programs to promote women’s participation in reconciliation and peacebuilding.
- Prepare regular reports for the CoP, indicating progress towards key program milestones and considerations for the following six months.
- Prepare technical and lessons learned reports on project processes and results.
- Assist the CoP with ensuring the quality and timely submission of all reports to the donor, government counterparts and other stakeholders, including technical reports, work plans, and progress reports.
- Master’s degree in Conflict Resolution, Peace-building, International Relations, or related field required.
- Over ten years of experience in Sri Lanka in providing strategic input and advice in democracy, governance, and reconciliation related projects.
- Proven experience collaborating with a variety of local INGOs and NGOs.
- Proven experience managing budgets, contracts, and diverse staff.
- Work experience in USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing skills required;
About the OrganizationThe Rule of Law Initiative is a public service project of the American Bar Association dedicated to promoting legal reform efforts in over 40 countries around the world. The Rule of Law Initiative believes that rule of law promotion is the most effective long-term antidote to the most pressing problems facing the world community today, including poverty, economic stagnation, and crippling levels of corruption.
The Rule of Law Initiative concentrates its technical legal assistance efforts in the following substantive areas: 1) Anti-corruption & public integrity; 2) Criminal law & combating trafficking in persons; 3) Gender issues; 4) Human rights & conflict mitigation; 5) Judicial reform; 6) Legal education reform; and 7) Legal profession reform.
The Rule of Law Initiative enlists talented individuals who possess the skills and commitment necessary to effectively promote the rule of law in our host countries. We regularly seek experienced attorneys, judges, and law professors interested in lending their expertise to our programs for both long- and short-term pro bono assignments overseas.
For more information please visit our website at www.abarol.org.
More Jobs from this Organization