IREX is seeking more information about the development, implementation and monitoring of the integrated establishment project (PEI) funded through the Millennium Challenge Account in Morocco (MCA-M) as well as information on teacher and school administrator training in Fez-Meknes (FM), Marrakech-Safi (MS) and Tangier-Tetouan-Al-Hoceima (TTH). IREX is seeking a local consultant to undertake a minimal amount of desk-based research as well as in-person consultations with key stakeholders in the field. The consultant will submit travel requirements to IREX prior to traveling and will carry out the following tasks over approximately six days:
1. Read PEI request for information (RFI) as well as previous Integrated Model of Improvement of Secondary Education Establishments (MIAES) related solicitation and program documents.
2. Undertake consultations with targeted stakeholders engaged in the MIAES/PEI (pilot schools) to determine:
- Key activities included in the PEI pilot;
- Implementation challenges connected to specific activities, taking note of lessons learned that would inform an improved approach or tools;
- Notable successes of the project and an outline of key factors of success;
- List of local organizations involved in the MCA-M, including a short description of their capabilities;
- Interactions of PEI pilot with other MIAES initiatives, mainly with Codespa, EFE, and FMSS partnerships mentioned in RFI; and
- Anticipated timing of new procurement opportunities.
3. Via consultations with key stakeholders, provide an overview of the following within the MCA-M target areas:
- Challenges faced by school administrators and by teachers as well as any specifically mentioned areas for improvement;
- Obstacles faced by students, including access to extra-curricular activities and tutoring;
- Operational considerations for future program implementation (including access to laboratory equipment, computers, and the Internet, etc.); and
- Roles of the Académie Régionale de l’Education et de la Formation and the Equipe de Coordination Régionale.
4. Provide recommendations for local technical experts who could lead or contribute to supporting the development, implementation and monitoring of PEI as well as training and coaching programs for school administrators or for teachers to improve pedagogical methods (i.e. student-centered methodologies).
5. Provide strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities of the top five local or international organizations actively working in secondary education in Fez-Meknes (FM), Marrakech-Safi (MS) and Tangier-Tetouan-Al-Hoceima (TTH).
Only candidates currently located in Morocco will be considered.
Go to https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oucL7fwi&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.