SNV seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, result oriented and proven professional who will work with the country team in Mozambique to further build on SNVs high- quality Agriculture programme.
The Agriculture Sector Leader:
- Is responsible for the overall quality of the Agriculture programme content, business development, resource mobilisation, steering the quality of technical advisory services, and overall management of the SNV Agriculture programmes in Mozambique;
- Will enhance the quality and visibility of our Agriculture programmes and position SNV within the national and international agriculture sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Strategic Leadership: develop the country level Agriculture strategy aligned to SNV’s corporate Agriculture framework;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor the quality of advisory services of the Agriculture portfolio;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for agriculture programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of agriculture projects in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with national and international stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence-based knowledge development in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners;
- Contribute to SNV Mozambique management as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in Agriculture (Agriculture, Ag. Economics) or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant and progressive experience in agriculture service delivery including at least 7 years in a management role, preferably in Africa;
- Proven abilities in managing large scale and complex development projects in Agriculture;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors, project managers in a multi-cultural setting;
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise project teams operating in different parts of the country;
- Knowledge and understanding of the international development context and trends of agriculture sector;
- Proven ability to mobilise financial resources from the public and private sector; familiarity with key financiers and actors in the agriculture sector;
- Excellent social and networking skill as well as interpersonal and influencing skills to engage with governments, donors, the private sector and civil society;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and proficiency in Portuguese is a clear advantage;
- Willingness to travel to all project locations in the country to oversee and monitor project works and sites;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time international position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A pension plan, life and medical insurances are included in the benefits package.
How to Apply
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters in English on or before 06 May 2018 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
About the Organization
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on our operations in Mozambique and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org