The purpose of USAID’s Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program is to identify and implement small grant activities that understand and challenge the drivers of violent extremism (VE) in Bangladesh. The program is built upon an active learning model that applies research and pilot community programs to test the existing thinking on how to prevent and counter violent extremism (P/CVE) to determine which approaches are most suited for Bangladesh. Although there is a growing body of PVE and VE research and literature, there is limited knowledge and understanding about the specific emerging trends and drivers within Bangladesh. The research will contribute to the design of pilot activities that will remain fast, collaborative, and innovative in addressing VE in Bangladesh.
The program initiated in the fall of 2017 and scheduled to end by the end of 2020. During the final half of implementation, Obirodh intends to focus working closely with local civil society organizations and government counterparts to enhance local understanding of VE and improve their capacity to independently prevent the spread of VE in Bangladesh.
The Security and Logistics Manager will work in close coordination with the Chief of Party to manage the security and security-related needs for all program operations of the Bangladesh Obirodh project. The position provides key support to the Chief of Party and M&E Director on all management areas under her/his direct supervision. S/he will also collaborate with international colleagues, technical personnel, subcontractors and international partner organizations, and local governmental partners.
- Assist the COP with security management as the project’s intelligence hub.
- Provide support for developing risk mitigation plans for activities.
- Prepare and disseminate security guidelines and assessment reports that alert staff and partners to potential threats.
- Train staff in basic safety and security and hold briefings as necessary.
- Handle transportation and related logistics and oversee guards and drivers.
- University degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in administrative and/or financial management.
- Strong English and Bangla speaking and writing capabilities preferred.
- Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities and act proactively without waiting for instructions.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.