Security and Logistics Officer,
Yemen Continuous Learning & Evaluation Activity (YCLE),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Yemen Continuous Learning and Evaluation (YCLE) program provides rapidly deployed, robust, on-the ground, in-country oversight of USAID funded development activities implemented in Yemen. The YCLE Contractor supports the prudent use of U.S. taxpayer funds in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on: (1) Performance and Contextual Monitoring and Verification Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Analysis and Reporting Services; (4) Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptive Management Services; and, (5) Program Support Services. The overall goal of YCLE is to enable USAID/Yemen to become a more effective and adaptive development organization.
**Please note only Yemeni citizens are eligible for this position **
The Security and Logistics Officer will work with the Country Manager and Chief of Party to assure the safety and security of YCLE personnel. To do so it is imperative to carry out consistently reasonable security measures to protect MSI personnel, visitors, property and equipment. The Officer will report to the Country Manager.
· Continually monitor and analyze security conditions in the country in general, and more specifically in the areas where the project works, via local media, security reports, and information collected from field-based staff and local partners
· Help assess security risks that may impact staff movements and safety in different parts of the country and communicate them in a timely manner to ensure timely decision-making and up-to-date situational awareness
· Communicate safety and security developments and analysis to staff on a regular basis
· Ensure the continued relevance and consistent implementation of Standard Operating Procedures related to the safety and security of the field-based staff
· Monitor the operational environment and provide updated risk assessments or security procedures as needed
· Serve as the project’s Security Focal Point (SFP) and provide regular updates and trainings to project staff on basic security topics such as fire safety, communications, etc.
· Issue daily security and safety updates to project staff, and coordinate emergency messaging in the event of a crisis in accordance with the YCLE phone tree and security manual
· Aid the Crises Management Team (CMT) in the development and implementation of Security Contingency plans including contingency planning for a forced evacuation
· Recommend changes to security or logistics procedures in conjunction with the Country Manager, Chief of Party and the HQ Security Manager, when appropriate
· Provide safety and security training on a regular basis to MSI staff
· Ensure staff have the appropriate training commensurate with the risk associated with their job function and/or area of operation
· Ensure drill and trainings required by MSI security policy are completed on schedule
· Oversee the project’s logistics, organize and arrange domestic travel, trainings, hotel accommodations, transportation and communication, program related meetings, conferences, etc.
· Supervise and manage project drivers, ensuring adherence to safety and security protocols, tracking whereabouts of drivers and staff riding in project vehicles, and collecting field-specific security information
· Prepare journey management plans, coordinate travel tracking and check in systems to support all staff movements
· Assist with office procurements as needed and requested by the Country Manager
· Assist the Country Manager in verifying and auditing procurements. This may include verifying vendor pricing, quality of goods, bid procedures, and delivery details
· Provide other logistical support as needed
- University degree in relevant field required
- A minimum of five years of experience conducting security analyses in conflict countries; planning and managing security operations; and training and supporting sound security procedures and operations
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in crisis and emergency situations
· Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities and act proactively without waiting for instructions
· Strong English speaking and writing capabilities preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com