Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
IRI seeking a Security Coordinator to provide operational and logistical expertise to support IRI’s global Safety and Security function. IRI operates in over 30 countries throughout the world and maintains a Safety & Security function to support international travelers as well as Expatriate and local staff working abroad in an effort to manage and mitigate risks that may be faced by our staff. This role will provide integral support to IRI’s Security Advisor and Human Resources team to support a myriad of security related support activities.
This is an entry-mid level position for the right individual looking to gain practical exposure to the safety and security function in an effort to support worldwide travelers.
- Preferred undergraduate degree in security administration, security studies or related area or ability to demonstrate equivalent work experience
- One to three years’ work related experience
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and developing creative solutions
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Experience with MS Office Suite with an ability to create and deliver presentations
- Willingness to travel
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Supports Senior Security Advisor in implementation of global safety initiatives in Washington, DC and IRI field offices.
- Provides logistical assistance in scheduling, coordinating and tracking staff safety and security trainings, including HEAT, first-aid, and other preparedness sessions.
- Supports compliance activities through the completion of spot audits on safety and security topics, including travel consent forms and completed trainings. Works to ensure necessary informed consent and other related processes are completed in a timely and complete fashion.
- Delivers and facilitates safety and security orientation to new hires on safety and security procedures as a part of IRI’s onboarding process.
- Reviews internal process documents as related to internal safety and security policies.
- Assists in ad-hoc HR projects and other safety and security related projects as assigned. Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Organization
IRI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide by helping political parties to become more issue-based and responsive, assisting citizens to participate in government planning, and working to increase the role of marginalized groups in the political process – including women and youth.