- Long-Term Adviser to April 2020 (with possible extension)
- Based in Port Moresby & Provinces, Papua New Guinea
Abt PNG Management Services is a shared services platform supporting the six partnerships that contribute to the Papua New Guinea - Australia Governance Partnership, implemented by Abt Associates. Support to the partnerships is provided across the following areas:
- Corporate services: Operational support including finance, human resources, procurement, grants, legal and contracting, security, risk management and IPP Support Services.
- Knowledge, Analytics and Learning: Adaptive management systems including knowledge and research, data analytics, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Cross-cutting issues: Technical and management support in the areas of gender, strategy, communications, portfolio management, planning, engagement, quality assurance, performance and risk management.
The Security & Logistics Manager will primarily be based in Port Moresby with the Abt PNG Management Services team and be accountable for the effective and efficient provision of two primary functions:
- IPPDSS Security Management - contributing to the coordination and leadership of the provision of security and safety services to Institutional Partnerships Program Support Services deployees and staff across the whole PNG Australia Partnership;
- Abt PNG Logistical Support, including all aspects of service delivery supporting WHS, facilities management, simple procurement, asset management, business services, logistics and provincial support to all Abt operations in PNG.
The successful candidate will bring:
- More than 10 years demonstrated experience in security and logistics management with at least 5 years working for an equivalent large scale, multi-disciplinary international development program in PNG and/or the Pacific region;
- Extensive experience in the implementation and operation of risk management frameworks;
- Extensive prior experience in liaising with senior government officials and departments;
- Prior experience in managing the performance of security contractors and ensuring they meet the compliance/ service standards required of them under their contract;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective teams, lead collaboration, and mentor staff especially in a cross cultural context.
For Further Information and Application Details
This role has been classified under DFAT’s Aid Remuneration Framework (ARF). Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at: https://www.abtassociates.com/careers Under ‘Apply Now’, select ‘Aus/ UK Postings’ and then PNG opportunities.
All applications should be submitted online via this Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 26th August 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.