Requisition ID: req2223
Job Title: Senior Account Manager, Corporate Alliances
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-Los Angeles, CA
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC’s Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200m per annum, as well as key partnerships and influence that support our mission), and plays an important strategic role in the creation of IRC’s brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships, brand stewardship and communications to support this work. These colleagues are primarily located in the USA at present - but IRC plans to significantly expand its global fundraising footprint. Other colleagues within IRC are also deeply engaged with private funding & partners - in particular within Europe, US Resettlement and field programmes - and we need to work in close integrated collaboration to ensure best use of resources and highest impact for IRC.
GPP has begun delivering a new radical and ambitious 2020 Private Sector Engagement strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘;punch above its weight’ in income, partnership and awareness. At the same time - believing that the root of our success lies in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure, ensure we build a strong global team, a dynamic culture, a forward thinking ethos, and establish 21st century analytics, reporting, operational and business management practices that will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Senior Account Manager, Corporate Alliances will work with an assigned IPP/Corporate Alliances Associate Director to support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for a defined portfolio of IRC prospects and donors, as well as playing a key role in specialized projects such as employee engagement and/or cause marketing. This will include collaborating with the Associate Director on generating and producing written content for funding concept notes, pitches and proposals, as well as donor reports and communication.
The Sr Account Manager will monitor donation budgets, interim and end-of-grant reports, on-going communication and information management for the Associate Director’s portfolio. The Sr Account Manager will also be responsible for some key support functions, including serving as an internal liaison with the Communication team, Finance department, Legal department, amongst others. The Sr Account Manager will ensure rigorous use of databases and approvals processes necessary to donor management and internal protocol.
This role offers a dynamic growth opportunity for someone eager to advance to front-line fundraising, with a particular interest in working across corporate sectors, with a particular focus on developing innovative multi-faceted partnerships, employee engagement, and communication.
* Collaborate with an assigned IPP Associate Director on executing strategies for institutional donors and prospects within the Associate Director’s portfolio;
* Provide communications that support the Associate Director’s interactions with portfolio donors or prospects, including general and targeted communications, concept notes, proposals, presentations and reports, from drafts through to final line-editing and formatting of finalized material;
* Prepare and contribute materials, agendas and briefings for external prospect and donor meetings and for internal strategy meetings;
* With the Associate Director, monitor and manage expectations and objectives for each institutional funding partner within the portfolio, including budget, evaluation and reporting;
* Manage information flows between prospects/donors, program staff and IPP officers;
* Manage donor engagement deliverables and execution;
* Manage and track the internal drafting and approval processes necessary for proposals, reports, and budgets;
* Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Revenue colleagues and IRC program and support staff globally;
* Undertake special assignments, including those focused on employee engagement, sponsorship and cause marketing, as directed.
* Education: Bachelors Degree
* Work Experience: 4-5 years account/project management experience gained in a development/ fundraising and/or marketing office, including substantial writing and editing responsibilities
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
* Experience effectively communicating directly with partners and donors.
* Exceptional written communications skills and solid verbal presentation skills;
* Highly developed project management skills with the ability to work on own initiative with accuracy, able to observe tight deadlines, and to prioritize between conflicting demands;
* Sophisticated understanding of the role of written communications in building and maintaining complex individual and institutional relationships;
* Ability to identify and create processes necessary to support effective partnerships;
* Highly computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as familiarity with CRM databases, Salesforce a plus;
* Ability to respond quickly to changes in short-term work priorities;
* Ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
* Ability to represent IRC and observe the IRC Way impeccably at external and internal conferences and potential occasions of travel
* Commitment to fundraising for international development, human rights, social justice and US immigrant communities.
Language Skills: English fluency
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
Reports to: Associate Director, Corporate Alliances, Institutional Philanthropy & Partnerships
Working Environment: This role requires working remotely full or part time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.